Surrogacy Vs Adoption
Couples or single people who are not able to have their own babies owing to infertility reasons can in any case achieve parenthood with several choices. They can either receive or decide on a surrogacy process besides considering adoption to have a baby in their life. Both of these alternatives may have its pros and cons but they are being considered a lot by parents who have infertility issues, which making it a difficult task for them to have a baby of their own.
Both may likewise have its own particular set of issues that parents need to think about prior to considering any of the modes. The laws on both the methods differ from state to state as each has its own set of rules designed for parents. Regarding moral and ethical issues the laws differ from a state to other. Here we are discussing the pros and cons for both the procedures. We are explaining the procedures in context with India.
In India both the surrogacy and the adoption is available for parents. Foreigners can also avail these opportunities by coming to India. The Indian scenario for both the procedures is a different story altogether. There are some of the renowned adoption center available for adopting a child for which parents require going through a screening test to confirm their candidacy if they are going adoption for a baby.
Surrogacy, on the other hand is a long procedure that will take time, effort and money to let a genetic child born to a surrogate. Equation for both these procedures is simple and depends majorly upon the decision of the parents. There are also pros and cons of both of the methods that we will explain later in the article. However, despite of pros and cons of its own parents should go with what suits them the most:
Advantages of Surrogacy
- A unique procedure making it possible for intended parents to have a child to have at least born with one of the intended parents genes. It is one of the most important reasons for which couples adopts for surrogacy
- An ideal procedure to consider when any one of the intended parents has fertility issues. With surrogacy the child can be brought to world related genetically to one or both of the parents. Thus, infertility can now is no longer a problem in the way of reproduction to have a child
- A procedure offering satisfaction to both of the parties. Surrogates got financial satisfaction and intended parents have satisfaction of having their genetic child with them
Pros of Adoption
- Adoption is a cost effective method as compared to other procedures. Foster care institute help people adopt child free of cost
- Adoption will always remain reasonable even if the procedure is practiced overseas
- There are no ethical, moral, or legal issues associated with this procedure, which is more of a satisfaction to people practicing adoption
Disadvantage of Surrogacy
- A series of psychological and emotional issues are there to be faced by intended parents when they consider having a child through surrogacy
- The whole procedure may cost much more than the entire amount spent in adoption. Hence, it is always costly and time consuming as well
Disadvantage of Adoption
- Some states may not allow parents adopt a child due to moral and ethical regions. However, such a problem is not there in surrogacy as one of the intended parents can contribute the gene for birth of a child
- Asking the doctor is the best way to help choose a procedure that will suit most specifically to the intended parents